This is my go-to green smoothie when I’m feeling run down, or when I just need a pick-me-up. It’s a wonderful snack or light breakfast, tastes like a dream and makes a treat for the whole family.
With liver-loving kale, ginger and flax, amazing fats and fiber (nuts, seeds and oats) – this smoothie feels like your favorite detox without the deprivation.
Liver-loving green smoothie
- High-speed blender
- 1-2 cup raw kale or 2-3 stalks
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup oats gluten-free if possible
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews - soaked in water for 30 minutes or nut-milk
- 1-2 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 cup water plus ice to thin out
- 1/2 apple
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter unsalted
- First soak raw cashews (or other nuts if using) in filtered water.
- Wash & dry the kale (use the whole leaf, stalks and all!).
- Add all the ingredients to your high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth. Sip & enjoy!
The recipe is listed with a prep time of 30-minutes because this includes soaking time for the cashews.